We are looking for a cool guy or gal to assist with the development of our Spring 2012 collection. This individual would be a support role to all three arms of the brand – design, production, and marketing. This person must:
- Have an understanding of eco-fashion and textiles
- Be in the Minneapolis vicinity
- Have reliable transportation
- Have access to a sewing machine and dress form (and serger if possible)
- Be a conceptual thinker, problem solver, and general do-gooder
- Be able to work independently and in a small group
Some duties would include: (plus other as needed)
- Doing inventory and organization of materials
- Pre-production prep of materials
- Researching new natural/zero waste processes for dying, production, etc.
- Assisting with patterning
- Assisting with event production
- Designing accessories from excess fabric
- Prep clothing for runway and retail
Internship is unpaid. We ask a commitment of about 5 hours a week (keep in mind this will most likely increase right before and during fall fashion week). Looking for individual to start in August and assist until mid to late October.
We are a group of three girls who believe in the need for fashion to evolve. We are an upcycling brand focusing on creating zero-waste collections and information sharing. We primarily transform formal gowns into completely new pieces, both runway and ready-to-wear. We have hosted ground breaking events, showed at one of the most premiere shows at MNfashion Week, and are proud to be doing something completely unique to the industry. We are hard-working, passionate, flexible, fun – and hope that you are too!
Don’t send us a generic cover letter, it’s a snooze fest. Instead, send a brief email to Angie at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’d like to work with us, what you’ve done, and if you can do all the things listed (or more). If you have a portfolio and/or pictures of relevant projects make sure and send that too.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
FASHION MUST EVOLVE.